Goat Fashion are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
WHAT WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information including payment related information you give us when you register or purchase through the site
- Content that you generate when interacting with our customer services team including details we require to contact you and verify your identity
- Other content that you generate through browsing activity including intended purchases, your marketing preferences, completion of surveys, wishlists, and participation in promotional activity
- Device identifiers such as IP addresses, cookie IDs, IDFAs and other device identifiers, as well as geo location information, IoT technologies and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your browsing history, hashed email addresses, and your web log information
If you give us personal data about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
Where we have the right to do so, we shall use and retain your personal information to personalise communications, to contact you, either via email, telephone, social media, text messages or postal mail in order to inform you of account activity, delivery fulfilment and marketing related activity.
Goat Fashion works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as fulfilment and delivery companies.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- Supplier Partners: Goat Fashion works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
- Delivery Partners: In order for you to receive your goods, Goat Fashion works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
- IT Companies: Goat Fashion works with business who support our website and other business systems
- Marketing Companies: We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf
- Payment processing: Goat Fashion works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments
- Debt recovery and fraud prevention services: Before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you. The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. Details of the personal information that will be processed include, for example: name, address, date of birth, contact details, financial information, employment details, device identifiers including IP address and vehicle details. We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us
As part of the processing of your personal data, decisions may be made by automated means. This means we may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk if our processing reveals your behaviour to be consistent with money laundering or known fraudulent conduct, or is inconsistent with your previous submissions, or you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity. You have rights in relation to automated decision-making: if you want to know more please contact us using the details above.
If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services you have requested, or to employ you, or we may stop providing existing services to you. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on the details above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
When creating an account or making a purchase on the website you will be able to indicate whether you do want to receive marketing communication from Goat Fashion by ticking a box on the form.
You can control how we send personalised marketing, by channel, from the Subscriptions section of a registered account (‘My Account’.)
Accessing Subscriptions allows you to control how we communicate with you. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, or by changing your Subscription preferences. You can also email us at email@example.com.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes . We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
The General Data Protection Regulation provides for rights of access, modification and deletion of your personal information.
You can submit your rights servicing request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Goat Fashion, 76 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6HJ.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- The right of access: Your right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data along with details regarding the nature of processing.
- The right of rectification: your right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- The right of portability: your right to receive the personal data concerning provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- The right to be forgotten: your right to erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing: your right for your data to be effectively ‘frozen’; stored and not further processed.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Goat Fashion Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Goat Fashion uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
- Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Goat Fashion uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Goat Fashion) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/.
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the data protection supervisory authority in the UK (www.ico.org.uk).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.